Contracts and Grants Office
The Contracts and Grants Office is under the direction of the Director of Accounting in the Accounting Office. We have primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining a contracts and grants management system to ensure fiscal compliance with all Federal and State laws and agency regulations. Additionally, this office has fiscal responsibility for all miscellaneous gift and grant accounts.
Specific functions of the Contracts and Grants Office include the following:
- Assignment of University accounts upon receipt of initial award documents from the agency;
- Establishing University fiscal policies and monitoring those policies to ensure compliance with sponsor agency requirements;
- Submission of all invoices, fiscal reports and closeout documents, and retention of official accounting records and documents;
- Maintaining cash flow in connection with receipts and deposits from sponsored projects;
- Coordination and review of the personnel activity report system as required by Federal regulations;
- Coordination of audits of sponsored project accounts and resolution of audit findings;
- Preparation of indirect cost proposals and negotiation of rates with Federal agencies;
- Monitor the development of other rates used to charge sponsored project accounts, including fringe benefits and recharge rates developed by academic departments;
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff in the financial administration of sponsored project accounts.
- The Office of Research, under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for Research, is responsible for development and review of all proposal budgets before submission to sponsor agencies. However, the Contracts and Grants Office and the Office of Research typically combine efforts to resolve fiscal issues that arise during preparation of proposal budgets.
The Contracts and Grants Office is located in room 318 in the Martindale Student Services Building. Our mailing address is:
Post Office Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848